October 05, 2008

A Pet Snake

Shout out to Jackie Peppers for leaning on me. This is a new post. Y'all have to keep pressure on me, or I'll procrastinate and slip up.

Some people are confused why I treat someone differently than I would threat someone else. Simply put because I have a different relationship with everyone. And I analyze people. It's no secret I get along with everyone. But I do classify some closer, cooler, or dangerous to me more than others. And I hold everyone to separate expectations based on how well I think I know them. Shout out to Meraf - WPGC 95.5 FM (shameless plug), I always had high expectation for you!

 An important factor in me knowing someone is consistency. Whither it's a positive or negative trait. Your personality and who you are is defined by your consistency. I can be good friends with shady people because they are consistent and I expect that, their shadiness is not a surprise. I can respect that that's who they are and I am able to deal with it because THAT IS who they are...shady. But at the same time, shady people can not expect to have the same level of trust or loyalty as another one of my friends because consistently they are shady people.

 I'm a complicated and reasonable person. But I also I have an opinion and traits that I respect more than others. I prefer a bad person that I can understand vs a good person that I don't. it's consistency.

 Say I had two friends, one was kind of shady and an asshole or a dick. The other was really nice and friendly, the easy to get along type. The asshole friend and the nice friend are both nice to me, personally we have a good relationship. But they both talk shit about other people. The difference between the two is that the asshole is not an easy to get along with person and are not afraid to speak up when they don't agree. The easy to get along with person either co-signs or joins in but never defends anyone that is being dogged out in their presence even if they are friends with them because they avoid conflict. Now let's talk loyalty. As friend I would give them both my loyalty because that's who I am. But... Odds are I would trusts the asshole more because they are more consistent and straight forward. Why are snakes so feared? Because when they attack you don't see it coming. That's why snakes are more feared than bears. Bears you see coming, snakes sneak up on you. With assholes, I kind of know how they are and I can trust them to be that way. So if ever my name needs to be defended, I know the asshole person would have my back while the nice person would just sit there and not say a thing or maybe co-sign on it. Now you may ask, What is the problem with that, they are being themselves and consistent, isn't that what you said you liked? The problem is... at least to me is that I'm an asshole type and I speak up when you talk negative about my friends (or most anything I like). Loyalty and consistency is important when it come to personality especially to a person that is a very loyal person, himself. I have that dog type of loyalty. But unlike a dog, if you abuse me I will bite you. And that's major problem I have with those nice people. Way too often it's easy for them to join in talking shit about people. Personally, I believe a real friend speaks out for their friends and great people like MLK will go a step further and speak up for those that have no voice (not present people). And most of the time the nice people hate the assholes, and they will talk shit about the assholes but not to the assholes. But if the assholes like a nice person the assholes never say a bad word about them. Because they are asshole and don't waste time talking about people they like when they can talk shit about people they really don't like. My problem is I'm an asshole type that can't trust my friendly non conflict friends (let me say you friendly folks that we go back through a lot of shit, y'all have my heart and don't apply, I know y'all got my back).

 Basically, I lose respect and trust in someone who talks shit instead of defending someone who could be seen as a friend and who has never said anything bad about them or even defended them when they are not around. In my ALMOST my 30 years of experience I have learned that people do grow and change but loyalty to people is something that doesn't change. You don't learn it. The only thing that changes is who you are loyal to.

 My "asshole" type friends are the ones I have for the longest, because I have their back and they have mine. And if they have a problem with me they tell me, instead complaining behind my back.

 If I'm wrong please let me know. If I'm right on point, feel free to amen on it. I think everyone has an opinion on people that talk shit about people aka haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment