March 04, 2010

Simple Pleasure #4: My Niece Sydney

Since the moment she enter this bright world I have been captivated with her. I really don't have words to express the emotions and wonder of watching a child grow before my very eyes. Prime example is last Sunday I sat her on the table for her to crawl. But she can not crawl yet, just scoot. Maybe it's the proud uncle in me that trying to get her to develop quickly, but I'm ready for her to be crawling and walking. Anyway I sit her on all fours and place her teething toy in front of her just out of reach. She leans forward and tries to grab the toy with her mouth, it looks amusing to me. You can tell she wants the toy and is unsure of her balance and weight so she leans forward to try to get it. I pick her up and we move on to other things.  Later, I place her on table again, same situation.  This time she leans one arm and reaches out with the other to grab the toy!  I’m ecstatic even though only I know what was going on.  Look at the learning that happening right be for my very eyes.  You know what it is happens a lot as I consciously pay attention to it and I love it so much.  To me the potential is limitless, but of course as we get older and our body stops growing as fast the brain doesn’t continue you to grow connections it is kind of sad to know that information about aging.  But in the mean time I see hope and potential in the freshness of her.

 

Another thing I love about the baby is finding common traits, how she is similar to family members, not just in looks. She has a lot of my brother and mother in her.  The energy, short attention span, and talkativeness are apparent very earlier especially at a higher level I haven’t seen in her cousins.  There is no denying the blood in this child.

Uncle Wee Wee Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment