September 01, 2009

Getting it in in the Kitchen


I have been doing pretty good with my New Years Resolutions so far this year.  I haven’t been writing as much as I should be but, I have been keeping an open mind, trying new things, and learning to cook.  Couple weeks ago I went on a Borders shopping spree and bought a bunch of cook books to increase my knowledge beyond the few dishes I asked my mom to show me how to make.
Couple days ago, I made my greatest creation yet- Buffalo wings!  I was bragging to my mom that was so good I could sell them and then she ask me how much was I going to pay for the cornbread (that she cooked) I was eating at the time. smh.  Always out staged.
But what made me so proud was at I have never cooked anything like it before, I had no help, and it was not only edible but tasted amazing.  I bought some party wings and mild buffalo sauce from Shoppers.  I battered the wings up with flour and spices and then let them sit in the fridge for an hour.  After pulling them out the fridge, I put an another layer of flour before deep frying.  After deep frying I allow the chicken wings to marinate in the buffalo sauce mixed with honey and half a stick of butter.  After marinating, I placed the wings in the oven to cook bake the sauce in to the chicken. 
It was so good, sweet and spicy.  Threw some blue cheese dressing on them and I was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment